This year, Fairprice Finest Food is introducing the art of LAGOM – the Swedish philosophy for living a balanced life.
Lagom: Not too little. Not too much. Just right.
I really resonate with this as I find myself striving for balance rather than living in extremes (is that the Libra in me maybe??), and this also extends to how I create my meals. Balanced in terms of nutrition, flavours and textures. Swipe right to check out the recipe for the dish!
Head on down to Fairprice Finest to check out what they have in store and create your very own finest moment at home using their international selection of ingredients!
In partnership with Fairprice Finest
½ onion, sliced
7 sugar snap peas, sliced
Handful of salad leaves
7 prawns, peeled, tails intact
1 tbsp cornflour
½ cup sesame soy dressing (I used Golden Chef)
1 bunch coriander, chopped
1" ginger, grated
1 large chilli, sliced
Your favourite corn chips, crushed (I used Good Life Finute Korean Chips)
- Marinate prawns in cornstarch and salt. Set aside
- Boil soba noodles for 3 min. Once cooked, rinse under cold running water to remove residual starch
- Drop an egg in a pot of boiling water and cook for 6 min. Put in an ice bath to cool down and set aside
- Heat a small oiled pan over medium heat. Fry prawns for about 3-4 min. Flip and cook for another minute or until golden brown. Remove and set aside
- In the same pan, sautée sliced onions until soft. Add in sugar snap peas, season with salt and cook for 2 min, or until tender. Set aside
- In a small bowl, mix the sesame dressing, chopped coriander and grated ginger
- To assemble, toss noodles with the dressing, salad leaves, sautéed vegetables and prawns in a large bowl. Garnish and serve!