An easy breakfast pancake to put together, especially if you’ve run out of milk, or are intolerant to it! If you’re like me and don’t really fancy the strong taste of coconut milk in sweet foods, this is for you!
In partnership with Ayam Brand for #ConfirmCanLah.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup Ayam Brand Coconut Milk
1 banana, sliced in half down its length
- Heat some oil on a small pan and cook the banana, sliced side down. Cook till fragrant and slightly browned, flip and cook the other side. Once cook, set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, sieve the dry ingredients into a large bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg and coconut milk together till well incorporated. Pour this into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix well. The batter should be thick but spreadable.
- Add the cooled grilled banana into the batter and mash in with a fork. Mix well.
- Ladle a scoop of the batter onto an oiled and heated pan. Once it starts to bubble, flip over to the other side and cook till golden brown.
- To serve, top with your favourite berries or cut fruit, dust with desiccated coconut, and drizzle with maple syrup!